to our company
to our company
Leader in Permanent marking solutions
Gravotech designs, CNC Engraving Machine, Laser Engraving Machine manufacturers & distributes innovative engraving, marking & cutting solutions.
A Long Story Short
We, Gravotech Engineering Pvt. Ltd., are proud of representing globally famous Gravotech brand in the market. We belong to a group, which has a strong presence in more than 50 countries and always an expert marking and engraving professional around you, which with his knowledge and expertise is installing your equipment, qualifying your application and training your collaborators.
We are famous in the market as a global level manufacturer and supplier of Abs Sheets, Dot Peen Marking Machines, Scribing Machines, Integrable Laser Marking Machines, CNC Engraving Machines, Engraving Materials, Laser Stations and Laser Tables, and many other technologically advanced solutions.
Most Popular Products
We were formed with the merger Gravograph, Technifor and Gravotech (Type 3). Our brands, Technifor and Gravograph were international famous in the US and Europe for more than 80 years and have also served in the Asia Pacific and Latin America for 30 years.
Our products are designed in France and made near you. We manufacture and supply equipment from our 3 production sites in La Chapelle Saint Luc, Troyes (France), Duluth, Atlanta (USA) and Shanghai (China).
The leader of the Expression of Things
We, humans are blessed with the ability to express ourselves but things cannot.
At Gravotech, we are developing cutting-edge technologies that can do permanent marking and engraving and by this, we are giving this power to objects. With our technological excellence, we are regularly exploring new opportunities and shaping the future of the Expression of Things.
We are master in several types of marking products including mechanical engraving, laser, scribing and dot peen. We develop and serve machines, consumables and CAD software all over the world. With our knowledge about the entire chain, right from conceptualization to production and service, we provide best solutions to customers as per their requirements.
Gravotech was formed in 2008 with the merger of Technifor, Gravograph and Type3 and further unified under as a single brand in 2020.
Gravotech Worldwide Network
We have our headquarters in France and 88 percent sales in more than 77 countries across the world. In 2019, we registered sales of Euro 122,000,000 with support of our over 600 collaborators globally and 3 manufacturing plants in USA, China and France. Some highlights of our company are:
- We sell 6 products across the world, every hour.
- We have 18 subsidiaries in 4 continents.
- We have 175 distributors.
- 1938- A German immigrant, Mr. Norbert Schimmel along with his business partner, Mr. Werner Dannheisser and a group of people formed New Hermes Inc in the United States. After analyzing the markets and knowing that engraving machines are extensively used in Europe but not available in US, they started developing their own version of it, which was free from the notorious issues that the European versions had. At a small level, they began their career as chief cook and bottle washer. Together, they did everything from the paperwork to production, publicity and shipping. Engraving Machines designed by New Hermes got popularity in the market because of their reliability, performance and user-friendly functions and made it a largest manufacturer of pantograph engraving machines. With this, the foundations for future Gravograph Group were laid down and the machines engineered by it are still performing.
- 1940: New Hermes established their head quarter in Flat Iron Building of New York. In the world war two, New Herms their bit for war by extending applications of its machines to creation of Signage for US Army. But, after completion of world war two, the group made its expansion into new territory, personalization: Jewelery, Pens, Watches, Ladies Compacts and Flatware. New Herms machines started getting orders from many department stores, shops and promotions tour and this further gave it a new exposure.
- 1946: New Herns expanded its business and started dealing in the markets of UK. The brand was represented by Vitos from 1946 to 1987, when Gravograph was formed. After UK, the company started its business in Europe.
- 1950: To commercialize mechanical engraving machines that were made by V.E.V, Gravograph was formed by merger of Norbert Schimmel and V.E.V.
- 1981: Technifor was formed, it was the inventor of dot-peen marking, it later became a globally leading manufacturer of scribing, dot-peen marking & laser marking machines. In the mid of 1990s, Technifor established its office in UK.
- 1985: Dot peen or digitally controlled marking was formed by Technifor. And within 30 years, in over 100 countries, thousands of machines were sold.
- 1986: A great boost came in the industry with introduction of digitally controlled engraving machine, which was computer designed. This technology made Gravograph, a leader in the market.
- 1988: To make pieces communicate through sculpting, cutting, engraving and texturing, the concept of Type3 solutions has evolved. With this single flagship product, Vision numeric quickly produced four independent software solutions such as Abs Sheets, Scribing Machines, CNC Engraving Machines, Laser Stations and Laser Tables, etc.
- 1989: New Hermes (US Branch) was acquired by Gravograph and got listed in the stock exchange on 10th October.
- 1993: Gravograph, launched UNICA, which is the first machine with an integrated control solution. It brought revolution in the engraving industry.
- 1994: Group entered in the Asian market by started serving Gravograph Solutions and Technifor solutions in the Japan.
- 1995: With its TL400 solution, a laser marking system which provides precision & power, Technifor took a major step in the traceability field.
- 1998: In September month of this year, a power & user-friendly software was launched by Gravograph. This software introduced a real break through in engraving industry.
- 1999: Completely 3D design solution, dedicated to fashion & jewelery accessory market was launched.
- 2000: Castle Harlan, which is the New York merchant bank has made acquisition with Gravograph Industries International as we are the leading manufacturer & seller of machines, accessories and material that find their use in engraving industry.
- 2003: Technifor was acquired by Gravograph New Hermes.
- 2007: A New York based private equity firm, Castle Harlan Inc. sold out the Gravograph-Technifor Group, which is a leader in manufacturing permanent marking machines, accessories, device and consumable.
- 2008: With the merger of Technifor, Vision Numeric and Gravograph, our Gravotech Group was formed.
- 2015: By the end of 2015 & beginning of 2016, the 3D stylus and lens was formed by us for enabling a machine to mark objects of different sizes. The lens were designed for lasers and stylus were designed for dot-peen marking.
- 2016: Won Export Innovation Prize at the 7th MOCI Award because of being a leading French SMEs in international markets.
- 2017: To design and develop trophies for the 2017 Open Parc Auvergne Rhone-Alpes Tennis Tournament, the organizers offered contract to Gravotech. It was the first project of the brand and involved use of many modern technologies such as mechanical cutting, laser engraving on wood, laser cutting of wood & acrylic, digital printing, additive manufacturing and metal plating of 3D printed objects.
- 2018: Alliance of the Industry Future (IAF) got label award as a Showcase of the Industry. Our company, Gravotech, become one of the 37 French companies to get it.
- 2021: In this year, three historic trademarks of the group, Gravotech, Technifor and Gravograph were merged to form Gravotech group. Because of our expertise in mechanical & laser engraving applications, our brand which was famous worldwide embodied a new vision for its business and it was Expression of Things. The company further deployed this concept through a new identity and by launching a new worldwide website. The Expression of Things reflect our core business of empowering objects to express themselves via images, written words and linked digital transformation.